Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Get Noticed with Pinterest



Hi, my name's Warnesa and I'm a Pinterest addict! LOL! Just had to do that! There is however a bit of truth to that statement :) I discovered Pinterest a few months ago, but it wasn't until the last week or so that I became totally immersed in it when I realized the great potential it held for photographers.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, let me give you a bit of background. Pinterest is just as its name suggests...a virtual pin board that allows you to share with others things you're interested in. You're able to connect with people who have similar interests, to inspire and be inspired from other's pins.

Pinterest is a great way to learn about new and exciting things and share information, tips and ideas you have found helpful as well. A truly innovative tool for personal and business uses as you will soon see.

At first, I used Pinterest for fun... to create (pin) boards just to share with others photos and quotes that inspire me, places I want to visit, my style etc. and then it become much more. I started to focus more on how I could use it to improve my photography skills as well as how I could use it to help others on a similar path. It was then that I began adding my blog posts, photographers I follow, photography related articles, photography ideas, tips and do-it-yourself photography projects. The result was a treasure chest of resources...a wonderful thing!



What you'll find as you explore Pinterest is that many photographers use it to showcase their photography. Millions of pins are added and viewed daily which opens the door for increased traffic to their website or blog. I've read of photographers who have booked sessions because their work has been seen on Pinterest. If you haven't requested an invite as yet, it's worth  the effort if you are ready to be noticed!

It's so easy to get started and it's fun! I think I may be having a bit to much fun right now...but that's a great problem to have!!!

I took screen shots to give you a snap shot of a few of my boards. If you want a better look, click here, you may also click my Pinterest button (sidebar) to pay me a visit. If you like what you see, follow me for more goodies.

After receiving your invitation to Pinterest, you may want to visit this site to add a pin button to your toolbar (good idea) oh! and don't forget the button for your website as well. Happy pinning!


BOARD: Photo Shot-What to Wear




BOARD: Poses...Children



BOARD: Photography Props



Here are a few other boards worth checking out!:


Angie Sandy



J. Nicole




I ♥ Faces 




Kelly Lemmons - WOW! 126 Boards...this you have to see!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello! I would love to hear from you.