Monday, February 6, 2012

Goodies: Model/Property Release Templates and Apps

Image courtesy of modernhepburn.tumblr.com

Welcome to a week of photography goodies! That's right...you heard me! I dug up a few goodies that were so awesome I wanted to share them with you!

After reading tons of inspirational quotes on Pinterest (Pinterest peeps...you know what I'm talkin' about!) I finally got up off my tush and decided to begin the process of starting a photography business. YAY me!

For some time now, I've been reading oodles and oodles of photography related content and to tell you the truth, I got pretty overwhelmed! Can you say road block? Has this happened to you?

Well I FINALLY pulled myself up by my boot straps, set a few goals and prioritized them. The result was discovering some really useful resources. So here you have it, something every photographer needs: releases, releases, releases! In this post, I'll be sharing with you links to sites with free templates and samples of photo releases, adult and child model releases and property releases to get you started. Photography services contracts, event photography contracts, wedding photography agreement etc. can also be found on these sites. I've listed quite a few, choose the forms that work best for you.  Come back and visit with me to see what else I uncover this week!

American Society of Media Photographers - This site has a few quick and easy pocket release forms that are great when you need something signed quickly that provides a reasonable amount of coverage. Child model releases can also be found here. 


Brighthub - Has just about every form you could possibly need. 


BetterPhoto.com - Release forms as word documents...very helpful!




Easy Release Model Release App - Model release forms designed for the Ipad and Iphone. Rated among the top 100 apps for 2011. Priced at $9.99. Recently made available for android phones as well! Find out more about the Easy Release App at cnet.


iDRelease - A FREE app for the iphone available on itunes. Provides industry standard release forms that are used by Getty images. Read cnet's review here.


irelease App - Another app available for the iphone and ipad. Customizable templates that allow you to add your logo! Neat! Priced at $9.99. Read cnet's review of the irelease app here.


Photographer's Contract Maker - Suitable for both the iphone and ipad. Priced at $2.99. Read cnet's review of this app here.



Photographer's Rights - This isn't an app for releases, however I decided to add it because it's such a handy tool. It helps photographers understand their rights when visiting different countries. A steal at $1.99. Read cnet's review of this app here.



I am not being paid to mention any of the above products. I included them because of their potential benefit to your business.

Have you used any of the above apps? Are there others I failed to mention? Add them below in my comments section.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello! I would love to hear from you.