Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Need A Little Inspiration?

Have you ever found yourself becoming lost in a photo? Wanting to be where the photographer is at that very moment? Maybe you've felt connected to the subject in some way, drawn to the joy or sorrow in their eyes. Well, I sure have! Its been said that the mark of a great photograph is its ability to conjure emotions in its viewer. So then arguably, the mark of a great photographer is their ability to capture emotions in their photos! Desiring to improve my skills in this way, I started having a look at some really awesome websites for inspiration. I pinned many of them and shared via Facebook and twitter. I have also decided to share a few of them with you via my blogger platform as well. This is a growing list, so come back for updates as I will continue to add sites I come across that inspire me. In need of some inspiration? Here's what the doctor ordered!






Jasmine Star
Prepare to be inspired!!! I discovered Jasmine Star a few days ago and I now find myself visiting her site daily because not only is the experience an empowering and educational one but it's incredibly fun as well! She has a great sense of humor and her creative use of words makes the reading experience an enjoyable one.  






Keri Meyers Photography
One look at Keri's portfolio and I was a follower! Take a look and you will be too!




1x.com 
In a word..."superb!" A photo gallery and social network site. 1x hosts photography forums, tutorials and and boasts of an active international community of professional photographers. The quality of work is outstanding. See for yourself, but be careful...you can easily spend hours on this site!




Chase Jarvis
This visionary photographer's portfolio contains scenes that are breathtakingly beautiful and charged with emotion. Get lost in them.




Mostly Lisa
This addition was a  truly great find for me. Not only did Lisa inspire me with her photography, her words spoke directly to me...encouraging me to take that next step. To have confidence in my ability, to expect great things by getting out there and making them happen. The above link takes you to her post entitled "8 Things to Inspire You to Keep Shooting and Sharing Your Photography." While you're there read this article about setting goals you will not be disappointed!





Expert Photography
...and the sites just keep getting better! I stumbled upon another gem of an article today from Expert Photography showcasing the "Top 20 Young Photographers 2012". Absolutely stunning work in the conceptual, emotive, surreal, fashion and expressive styles to name a few! Take a look.





Robert Jaso
Truly inspirational! His portfolio a must see for its innovation and sheer grandeur. Enjoy as I did!




Harry Vorsteher
This professional photographer certainly doesn't disappoint with his images and site design. Love it!




Christian Oth
American Photo magazine has dubbed him one of the top ten wedding photographers in the world! Find out why...and be inspired!





Crave Photography
Andrea Tate is a photographer I've been following just recently and can't seem to get enough of her photos. She is both creative and talented. I'm keeping my eyes on her work...there's much to learn from her!



Meg Borders
Here we go again! Another favorite photographer I've added to my list. I could not have written this post without including her. Love, love, love her work! Pop in and enjoy! That's an order! LOL!



Firefly Nights Photography
The more I search, the more talent I uncover! This is great! I am so happy to be able to share these finds with you! A photographer I have grown fond of in just a few days is Megan Drane of Firefly Nights Photography. I stumbled upon her blog on Pinterest a few days ago and was immediately hooked. What drew me to her was not only her fantastic work but the fact that she specializes in photographing children with special needs. I worked as a special needs teacher for a few years before becoming a stay-at-home mom and can relate to the joy she feels when working with these wonderful children and their parents. To capture that special sparkle in their eyes cannot be described in words. Stop in for a visit.



Trever Hoehne 
Trever Hoehne is a commercial photographer whose work speaks in volume of his undeniable talent. A visit is definitely worth your time. You'll be glad you did!


Elle Ticula Photography
This is always a go-to site for me when I need ideas and a lil bit of inspiration thrown in the mix. Great website and awesome photographer. You'll enjoy this one! Guaranteed!



Shannon Sewell
It would seem Shannon does it all, just click on her archives list and feel your jaw drop as did mine. Ready for some inspiration soup? She's serving it up!




Mark Delong Photography
Ok...I was working on another post and just happened upon this photographer's site. Unbelievable awesomeness!!!! I'm not sure why I hadn't discovered his site before, but I was so ecstactic about his work that I stopped what I was doing and added his portfolio to this list. Time well spent here!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello! I would love to hear from you.