Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I've Got Something to Tell You!!

I promised in my last post to clue you in on what's been going on in the life of Nikon Newbie over the past year so without further ado here's the scoop. For some time I have wanted to turn my explorations with the camera into a business, to take that final step to turn a dream into a realization and after some time I am proud to announce that Studio Sevyn Photography has stepped onto the scene!!!!


Launching the business has been a long, super busy period for me which slowed a bit in August of 2012 when my 10 year old son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. The diagnosis sent me reeling in more ways than one and left me empty, not wanting to even pick up the camera for a minute. As I reflect on those days I realize that I don't have any photos of him during that time. This speaks of my state of mind then because no matter where I am or what I'm doing I find a way to document it with a photo or two. The fact that I did not pick up the camera for a few months as we came to terms with his diagnosis almost feels like a lost period in time for me. I do have one photo of him on what we call "D-Day"(Diagnosis Day). The photo was taken on the first day of school at the start of his fourth grade year. I look at that photo from time to time and immediately all the feelings of that day come rushing back totally overwhelming me once again. Maybe not having those photos serves as a bit of protection for me...well at least that's how I chose to see it.

Since then our lives have returned to as close as normal as possible. We celebrate life, our family and the fact that Avery is living a healthy life with diabetes. The photography business is in the beginning stages and we are enjoying trying new and exciting projects as we build our portfolio. If you have any questions about how we did it or just want to say hello I would love to hear from you.

So there you have it my year in a nutshell. This will be my final post at Nikon Newbie, but if you would like to continue to follow me and see what I have been up to as Studio Sevyn, come check us out at www.facebook.com/studiosevyn or www.studiosevynphotography.com.

Hope to hear from you! Thanks for visiting and have a great year! Warnesa


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say hello! I would love to hear from you.